Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Heaven

I'm watching the Barbara Walters special on heaven right now. So far I'm not very impressed with any of the views that have been expressed, save for perhaps the Jewish view. In my understanding heaven is about God not us. It's not a place primarily of reward for human behavior. It's about being in perfect relationship/friendship with God. The triune God is the reason that heaven won't be boring even though it goes on forever. God is the only one who's depth is inexhaustable. And God is the one who makes this life worthwhile. My goal in this life is the same as my goal in the next life, to live with God. Gold streets and huge mansions don't attract me at all. But being with the Creator seems to be the only thing that might satisfy me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Phillip said...

oooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?
oooh, heaven is a place on earth.
They say in heaven love comes first.
We'll make heaven a place on earth.

7:49 PM  
Blogger GeekChurch said...

Your other option was to watch the CBS show 48 Hours last night where they did a special "The Mystery of Christmas." All they tried to do there was knock the crap out of the mystery of Christmas. It was really depressing especially at the end where they sought to turn Christmas into a humanist day... the host Maureen (?) Maher said something along the lines of, "Whether you believe in Jesus or not, you cannot deny that this one child born in low estate has been fundamental in changing the world. Christmas is that time when we remember that the birth of one child can change the world." (A not-very verbatim summary of what she said but close in meaning)

Peace,
Brian

12:28 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Hey Travis! I am enjoying your blog. Great thoughts....Rob

10:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am enjoying your blog too! Where did you go? I hope one of your resolutions is to keep up the good blog...

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home